Fancy trying something different? Bored of the leisure centre and being indoors? Get out into nature and enjoy an open water swim in the safety of Crystal Lake at Ocean water academy.
The newly built Ocean Walker Academy is set on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds. The idea for the purpose-built facility came from Record Breaking Ocean Swimmer Adam Walker and partner Gemma Clarke 4 years ago after seeing a picture of a log cabin surrounded by a lake. Their dream to have a place like this with the goal of providing a range of outdoor/indoor activities in order to help and support peoples physical and mental wellbeing and help change peoples lives.
Adam Walker (First British person to complete the toughest 7 ocean swims in the world and founder/creator of Ocean Walker Technique) and Gemma Clarke (Co founder and Head Coach of the Ocean Walker Technique) passion is to help people achieve their swimming goals by teaching them a unique way of swimming which can overcome injury and make them swim the most efficient way possible.
Swimming, Water Sports, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre
The 17 acre site includes a stunning 7 acre lake with four islands and 3 acres of elevated landscaped garden to provide beautiful viewing points.
In addition there is a multi-use activity barn with an indoor endless pool for swim technique training/water therapy and gym. The second half of the barn is a café/multi use space for conferences, exercise classes and weddings. The barn has glass fronted sliding doors and outside seating area for panoramic views of the lake both inside and out.
The centre is situated in a secluded spot away from light pollution and busy roads which is why it is the ideal spot for activities such as swimming, pilates, yoga, sound healing and other mind healing activities.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
- All sessions must be booked online – sorry we cannot accept walk-ins / telephone bookings.
- Bookings are first come first served.
- When you book, you are agreeing to our t&c’s and waiver agreement.
- Min age for Kayaking or SUP at Crystal Lake is 6 years old.
- Children aged 6-14 years must be accompanied by an adult on the water.
- Youths 14-18 years to be accompanied to the venue by an adult.
- Non participating adults to pay £3 per person in cash at reception upon arrival.
- You must bring your own equipment life jacket(s)/buoyancy aids – we are not able to offer hire of these items at present.
- Please be mindful and respectful of your fellow paddlers – there is plenty of room for everyone to enjoy themselves in a safe manner.
*This is a brief overview, full t&c’s available here>>
WANT TO JUMP IN AND SWIM?
If you have been busy paddling away and fancy having a go at swimming Crystal Lake, then maybe an Open Water Swimming Taster Session is for you? These sessions are the perfect way to introduce you to open water safely, with an experienced team taking you through the basics and getting you used to the incredible sensation of swimming outdoors.
SIGN UP FOR A TASTER SESSION HERE>>
FAMILY SPLASH AND PADDLE
If you have a keen swimmer under the age of 14, or you and your family would like to come and have a relaxed paddle in our beginners area, then we have some great options for you.
Sign up to our mailing list to be notified when we add more dates and events SIGN ME UP>>
Find out more about the Family Splash and Paddle>>
Location: Ocean Walker Academy
Langton By Wragby
Distance from Scunthorpe: 56 min (34.2 mi) via A631