Community Champion Awards 2014 – Sponsors and Awards
Nominations now open- Online Nomination Form Here
Do you know someone who deserves recognition for the time they dedicated to volunteering or for overcoming barriers or excelling in a sport of the arts? Is there a community group that deserves recognition for its work in the local community, or do you know someone who is a true inspiration to others? If so, nominate them today!
You can nominate people by completing the online form above, request a nomination form by emailing email@example.com or call 01724 297270. You can also pick up a nomination form at any local link or library in North Lincolnshire. The deadline for nominations is Sunday 21 September 2014.
A full list of the awards and the criteria to be met is available in the Community Champion nomination leaflet.
The awards are split into four categories – Volunteer, Achievement, Community, and Inspiration. Across these, there will be 22 individual awards presented, each sponsored by a local business. See list of sponsors below:
- Young Volunteer of the Year – Jotun Paints (Europe) LTD
- Adult Male Volunteer of the Year – Ongo
- Adult Female Volunteer of the Year – Ongo
- Anti-Bullying Champion – North Lincolnshire Council
- Personal Courage – Clugstons Construction
- Sports Achiever of the Year – Scunthorpe United FC
- Young Sports Achiever of the Year – North Lindsey College
- Young Arts Heritage Achiever of the Year – North Lincolnshire Council
- Adult Arts Heritage Achiever of the Year – The Baths Hall
- Outstanding Achievement Young – North Lindsey College
- Outstanding Achievement Adult – Quality Solicitors Bradbury, Roberts & Raby
- Community Champion of the Year – Scunthorpe Telegraph
- Outstanding Contribution to a Safer Community Neighbourhoods Team
- Outstanding Contribution to a Learning Community – NLC Adult Community Learning
- Outstanding Contribution to a Stronger Community – Humberside Fire & Rescue
- Community Project of the Year – GS Kelsey LTD
- Community Sports Team of the Year – Humber Sports Partnership Ltd
- Young Carer of the Year – Kapil Care Homes
- Adult Carer of the year – Marjara Care Homes
- Services to School Governance – North Lincolnshire Council
- Fresh Start – Fresh Start
- Lifetime Achievement – Pepperells Solicitors
We will be nominating for who we believe have achieved greatly for the local community to improve the area and bring something different to Scunthorpe. So why don’t you do the same. If you download the Community Champion nomination leaflet. It will explain to you the categories clearly.