Well, there isn’t much to do this year, no big events or Christmas parties but if you fancy a bit of festive cheer then why not take a tour of the best Christmas lights in the area.
Some of the bigger displays are in support of charity so you can donate via their JustGiving pages.
If you know of any spectacular displays or you house is a winter wonderland worth walking past then comment below the post or fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
Calvin Lee Taylor is back once again with his popular display featuring a classic car. Usually it’s quite a colourful display around the car but this year Calvin has decided to keep it simple but meaningful. People are encouraged to come along and place their own battery led candles around the car, perhaps with a special message. For info on dates and times visit the Facebook page.
Sanderling Way lights will be raising money for The Health Tree Foundation, The Big Thank You Appeal.
Charity musical Christmas light show every night of December. This year featuring a special guest! Here’s what you need to know: 👇
- When: Every night from 4 pm till 9 pm. The show is around 15 mins and starts with a charity announcement.
- Where: Wilkinson Way, Scunthorpe, DN16 3NS. Keep following the road down, you won’t miss us!
- Supporting: Levi Star Children’s Brain Tumor Charity. More Information below. 100% of donations will be going to charity.
- How: You can watch the show from your car by tuning your radio to 104.4 FM or stand outside and listen to it via the small speaker by the wishing well. Please remember COVID guidance if doing this.
- Please park considerately and don’t block our neighbour’s drives. The best place to park is in the lay-by opposite or turn your car around and park directly outside the house.
The residents around the Lakeside estate have been working together to light up the area. You can see the lights on passing the side of Home Bargains near Morrisons but to get to the estate you will need to go down towards Pets at home and the entrance is straight ahead.
Festival of Christmas Trees Online in aid of Lindsey Lodge Hospice. More info here
*above info sourced via Facebook and just giving links