As it is almost the end of the year so it’s time for some Scunthorpe Nights Review and Event Highlights.
I just want to take the time to thank everyone for following, commenting and liking. This is a not for profit and volunteer lead platform. All our reviewers are volunteers as am I. The platform was created in 2013 and continues into 2020 as a personal hobby and passion of mine. Thank you to all the volunteer reviews/photographers.
I wish everyone a great Christmas & A Happy New Year.SN Admin
This year we had the largest response to a public vote ever on the Scunthorpe Nights platform. I asked a number of questions involving local venues & bands. It received so many responses the free survey account maxed out and I had to move the vote to Facebook.
The awards went to:
MOST IMPROVED VENUE
The Penny Bank on Scunthorpe High Street
BEST LIVE ENTERTAINMENT VENUE
BEST LOCAL BAND
BEST LOCAL BAR/PUB
Lola’s Cocktail Bar
BEST LIVE MUSIC VENUE IN NORTH LINCS & SURROUNDING
- The new American Football Team ” American Alphas” were created and played their first games of a new season.
- Toploader headlined the first Party in The Park at Normanby Hall.
- The Blue Bell Inn Wetherspoons closed for expansion and refurbishment in July until Dec.
- Popular rock band “A” played the Lincoln Imp for Independent Venue Week.
- The Happy Monday’s returned to the Baths Hall on their 2019 tour.
- Squeeze, Heaven 17, Shed Seven and The Twang performed at The Baths Hall.
- The Penny Bank introduced something to do on Sunday afternoons with Sunday Live music every week.
- Normanby Hall held a number of successful outdoor cinema events.
- The Naga Spice special box review hit over 5,000 views.. and I didn’t even get offered a free one 😉 lol
- RETRO Bar opened, creating a great venue that’s trendy and welcoming.
A lot of great bands played around the local circuit and I can’t possibly mention everyone or everything that happened but you are welcome to share your highlights or memories of he year via comments.
TOP VIEWED WEBSITE POSTS OF 2019 WERE:
- Appreciation Awards Voting & winner
- Review // New Naga Spice 12” Box Special
- New Retro Bar opening
- Review // Legends all you can eat pizza (Cleethorpes)
- Christmas at The Wortley Hotel
- Haunted Scunthorpe
Most searched on the website:
- naga spice scunthorpe
- scunthorpe christmas lights switch on 2019
- Scunthorpe baths gig reviews
- Armed forces day scunthorpe
- Wortley house hotel
- Wortley house hotel christmas 2019
- Peaky blinders scunthorpe
TOTAL WEBSITE POSTS- 164
Share your local highlights via Facebook comments on our page post for this blog post.