Put the hand held controller down and turn your games console off. Have you seen events brought to you by Brit Tac? A whole weekend where you can play your very own Call Of Duty style game in person.
OP:OCEAN FURY 2: UNFINISHED BUSINESS
FORMAL BOOKING WILL OPEN IN March
For all bookings in March there is an early bird discount of £10 off
OP: OCEAN FURY 2:UNFINISHED BUSINESS
After the initial defeat of the Amisom troops and the US led task force in Barawe Al Shabab have continued to inflict terror in the region and have actively targeted Kenya, for providing the Amisom troops that are helping to stabilise Somalia.
Timeline since The failure of OP:Ocean Fury
2015 April – Al-Shabab claim responsibility for killing 148 people, mainly Christian students, at Garissa University College in northern Kenya.Kenya carries out air raids on Al-Shabab bases in Somalia in retaliation.
2015 May – US Secretary of State John Kerry pays brief visit to Mogadishu, the first officeholder to do so, a few weeks after Al-Shabab raid government quarter of the city and kill 17 people.
2016 February – African Union leaders agree on need for more funding and support for their military presence in Somalia after weeks of increased Al-Shabab attacks on public spaces and pro-government troops.
2017 February – Parliament elects former prime minister Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed, known as Farmajo, as president. Al-Shabab threatens to target anyone collaborating with him.
2017 March – Al Shabab led “Pirates” seize tanker off coast of Puntland in the first hijacking of a large vessel in the region since 2012.
2017 May – President Mohamed at London conference calls for lifting of arms embargo to help defeat al-Shabab. UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres says conditions are now in place in Somalia for it to become a success story.
Al-Shabab earlier this year vowed to increase its attacks after both the Trump administration, its Allies and Somalia’s recently elected president announced new military efforts against the group.
With an increase in military support Al Shabab have moved their command structure out of Somalia and are orchestrating their terror attacks remotely from unknown locations believed to be in Puntland.
With a desperate fear of losing their control of key regions in Somalia,Al Shabab have dramatically increased the frequency and savagery of
their attacks, to the point even the local pirates live in fear of Al Shabab and are refusing to support them.
With attacks coming nearly everyday and fatalities rising, Somalia have requested help from the US and its Allies.
They have responded with a joint task force of US/UK special forces, held on standby, tasked to be ready for a cross border incursion into Puntland and take out the Al Shabab command as soon as they are located.
OP: Ocean Fury 2:Unfinished business has a green light…….
Please read this section carefully. The base clothing requirements will be strictly enforced. Please also try and match you’re load carrying gear in keeping with team selection (although it is not enforced for load carrying gear, we do ask you to try)
TF BLACK ALPHA: LOAD OUT
Multicam, MTP, AOR1, DESSERT, TAN
NO SHEMAGHS TO BE WORN.
TF BLACK ALPHA SF: 50 places only
AL SHABAB FIGHTERS : LOAD OUT
GREENS,BLACK or WOODLAND CLOTHING, MIXTURE OF CIVVIES AND BASE COLOURS, ARAB STYLE LOAD-OUTS
BLACK AND WHITE SHEMAGH’S MUST BE WORN AND VISABLE AT ALL TIMES
AL SHABAB FIGHTERS : 50 PLACES ONLY
location: CAMP SPARTA.
We operate a zero tolerance policy to poor conduct!
We will not tolerate cheats!
We will not tolerate cheat calling or abusive behaviour towards anybody! (tell a marshal that is what they are there for!)
We will not tolerate blind firing!
The marshals word is final and arguing will not be tolerated!
3 strikes and your out!
1st time you will be warned
2nd time you will leave the game (for at least 30 mins)
3rd time you will leave the event, and be banned from any future events with Brit Tac (this includes weekend events and our home site games)
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS INFORM A MARSHAL IMMEDIATELY, NOT HOURS LATER WHEN NOTHING CAN BE DONE!
When Hit, a player must leave the playing area as quickly as possible with one hand raised in the air above their head whilst continuously calling “dead man walking”.
A hit is classed as a direct strike from a BB on any part of the player and their equipment including the weapon in hand.
Dead men can not talk and will be deemed as poor conduct
FIRE MODE/FPS LIMITS:
AEGs/GBB Rifle/Pistol = maximum 368 FPS with .2g BBs.
Single shot bolt action sniper = maximum 500 FPS with .2g BBS (30 Meter minimum engagement rule)
All weapons will be chronographed before commencement of play with 0.20g bb’s and random chronographing will take place throughout the event. Please ensure your weapons is within the limits as any weapon found to be over the FPS limit must be placed back in the player’s vehicle or left in the event office until the end of the event. No exceptions will be made.
Any player found trying to cheat the chrono will be immediately removed from the event.
SINGLE SHOT ONLY INSIDE BUILDINGS
You may fire full auto in too/out of a building, but must switch to semi once you are in a building.
No loose ammunition is to be carried –all ammo must be carried in magazines, however loose ammunition can be stored at you’re team’s regeneration point and you can replenish your ammo as and when required throughout the day at regen.
Mid or Low Capacity Magazines Only NO HI CAPS!!!
The maximum magazine limit. A maximum of 8 magazines in total for your primary weapon (to be shown at chrono prior to game on)
100 BB’s at any one time(in magazines) + Sidearm (no AEG allowed at the same time as using sniper rifle, side arm only)
1 Full Box Magazine (Maximum size of 3000 rounds)
A maximum 5, standard capacity (i.e. Not extended mags) Magazines can be carried (1 in the pistol and 4 spares).
If you use extended magazines for your pistol, then the limit is 3 magazines
Any medic rules in play will be explained at the event game brief.
We do not enforce the BANG rule, but you may use it at your discretion, we do however expect common sense at close ranges!
PYRO: INSIDE ONLY NO BANGS OUTSIDE 🙂
Only pyro purchased from Brit Tac Airsoft will be able to be used at this event. (with the exception of BFG’s 9mm and below only)
Nothing above MK5 inside
Please be aware our own effect pyro is far more powerful and ear plugs are advised
Any player in a room is dead unless behind hard cover. Hard cover is classed as a physical barrier between the player and line of sight of the grenade i.e a wall, not hiding behind the player in front of you!
Smoke is for screening purposes only and does not have any other in game effect. Military smokes are allowed outside of buildings. No military smokes inside buildings.
Game effect pyro
Any other pyro which has any in game effects will be used and controlled by a marshall, the marshal will inform the players effected and to what extent.
1. Sleep in game. Players that choose to do so must wear their eye protection at all times. (post a sentry)
2. An allocated safe sleeping building (if one is available at the event).
3. Your vehicle within the Car Park
4. Off site (Must sign out and back in on return)
• ALL WEAPONS MUST BE MADE SAFE BEFORE ENTERING A SAFE ZONE!
• The minimum age of players is 14 years old and they must be accompanied by an adult when on site(up to the age of 16). A disclaimer will have to be signed by the supervising adult before play can commence and by a parent/guardian for any player under 18
• All players must wear adequate footwear which gives maximum ankle support (i.e. boots, no trainers!). Players are also advised to wear full face masks. This is not mandatory for adults but is a must for those under the age of 16 yrs. Safety glasses to ballistic standard must be worn at all times on the site except in the safe zone. Gloves and a helmet are advised.
• All players must ensure whilst travelling to and from the site that their weapons are transported in either a hard or soft case. At no time should weapons be visible to the general public. This is for your own safety!
• All players must sign in and out when entering or leaving the site.
• No smoking is allowed whilst inside any of the buildings but provision will be made for smokers outside of the building.
• Do not use the buildings as a toilet, there will be toilets allocated around the site. DO NOT ATTACK THE TOILETS!(or tip them over when your mates in them!)
• No green military lasers to be used on site. Low powered red lasers are permitted.
• Violence, intimidation and bullying will not be tolerated on this site against players or marshals. Any person committing such an act will be removed from the building and membership will be terminated.
• Anybody caught causing non-accidental damage to the site will be held liable for the cost of repair.
• Players must not enter rooms/buildings/areas with ‘out of bounds’ signs on or warning tape.
• The marshal’s word is final.
• no fixed blade knifes (rubber training knives allowed)
• All deposits are non refundable, unless we cancel/change the event dates.
To book your place:
Total cost for the weekend is £80
a £20 non-refundable deposit is payable via PayPal to secure your place.
The remaining balance due on arrival (£60) in cash
Arrival on site after 17.00 PM Friday
Game on Saturday 11.00 – 23.00.
Game on Sunday 09.00 – 13.00
For info and questions contact Brit tac through their event
(Scunthorpe Nights have no connection to the event so please do not send us questions. This article is for what’s on listing purposes only. All info was obtained via event info from the organisers.)