The votes are in. Over 400 people voted on our public poll. Set out into individual categories.
Since January 18th we have been running a poll to allow you to vote for your favourite. The vote has now closed for you to vote for your favourite local eatery and we can announce that the TOP 3 are: Continue reading Food Vote // Poll Closed
Overall in the UK general elections 2015 it looks set to be Conservative.
The Conservatives are currently predicted to have won a majority in parliament as Labour are largely wiped out by the SNP in Scotland and the Lib Dems suffer major losses.
But keep up to date here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results
Will you be voting today? #SupportLocal
DOWNLOAD PDF OF LOCAL POLLING STATIONS
2015 LOCAL CANDIDATES
- JO GIDEON (Conservative) Businesswoman and communications consultant. Thanet councillor since 2003.
- NICHOLAS DAKIN (Labour) See above.
- SIMON DODD (Liberal Democrat) Solicitor.
- STEPHEN HOWD (UKIP) Educated at Westminster School and Oxford University. Barrister. Contested Cleethorpes 2001 for the Conservative party.
- MARTIN DWYER (Green) GP.
- PAUL ELSOM (Independent) Lorry driver.
- DES COMERFORD (Independent) Retailler.
Conservative: 12091 (32.6%)
Labour: 14640 (39.5%)
Lib Dem: 6774 (18.3%)
BNP: 1447 (3.9%)
Green: 396 (1.1%)
UKIP: 1686 (4.6%)
MAJORITY: 2549 (6.9%)