Ashby Mill Road Club on Saturday 30th November.Continue reading STARS IN THEIR EYES // CHARITY NIGHT
Squeeze announce autumn 2019 UK tour, with date in Scunthorpe, will benefit the Trussell Trust food bank networkContinue reading Squeeze Scunthorpe Gig to Benefit Local Food Banks8
The Scunthorpe and North Lincs Charity Christmas lights tour.
It’s starting to get cold so we feel it is time to start up this year’s project to help rough sleepers in Scunthorpe
When it has been run in the past it has been a massive success.
Drop off date Wednesday 5th December. Cottage Beck Road at the Forge Project.
**THE ROYAL BEDDING DAY GIGS ~
SCUNTHORPE LINEUP **
Interrobang!? Are a post-punk 3 piece based in Leeds & Brighton.
Join The Blue Door shine a light on sexual abuse and sexual violence by lighting up the Humber Bridge in solidarity with survivors.
6pm – 7pm. All are welcome.
The meeting point is at 6pm at Humber Bridge Car Park, Hessle, HU13 0LN to walk across the bridge together.
Please be sure to wear warm clothes and comfortable footwear.
Stewards will be present along the route.
A limited number of glow sticks will be available to light up the bridge, but please feel free to bring your own torch or glow sticks. Please note that no open flames are permitted.
Part of Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week 2018.
Wet Records who you can regularly find at Cafe Indie with their pop up stall are pleased to announce they shall be working with Musicians Against Homelessness in 2018, and their chosen venue of course for all their MAH gigs will be Café INDIEpendent !!
MAH aims to raise funds for the homeless Charities Crisis, and to provide gig opportunities for up and coming bands, with the backing of Alan McGee and some of the biggest names in the music industry, 2018 looks set to continue raising awareness for the homeless and much needed funds.
Their first fundraising gig is a big one called ‘THE ROYAL BEDDING DAY, on the same day as the Royal Wedding, this is in response to the recent news that the streets of Windsor will be cleared of homeless people.
The aim is to put on as many music events as possible across England, Scotland and Wales, to support homeless people and make a lot of noise’. – Musicians Against Homelessness.
19th May at Café INDIEpendent
What is Blue door?
Blue Door is a specialist service who provide support to anyone that has experienced domestic abuse and sexual violence in North and North East Lincolnshire.
How you can help over Christmas?
Blue door had a think about it and created the Twelve Christmas Wishes Appeal, this appeal will help them to provide the right support for their clients to give them and their families a Merry Christmas.
Here’s what they’d love your support with;
- To provide a Christmas gift stocking to every child living in the local Refuge
- We are looking for donations of new toys and stocking filler gifts suitable for the following children – boys aged 10 and 7, girls aged 2, 4, 8 and 16
- To provide a Christmas Pamper Hamper for every woman currently living in the Refuge or emergency accommodation. We are looking for donations of individual indulgent treats, which we will use to create hampers, e.g. chocolates, smelly gift sets, posh biscuits, cute bed socks, gift vouchers – no alcohol please
- To provide a selection box to every child living in the local Refuge or emergency accommodation.
- To provide twenty ‘Worry Monsters’ which we use to support children and young people who have experienced serious sexual violence. These monsters love to eat worries! Children can write down anything they’re feeling worried or scared about and feed it to the monster using the zipper mouth. Check out our Wishlist on Amazon
- To increase the Likes on our Facebook page to 1000 so we can continue to spread the word about the support we can offer to victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence. Please ask your family and friends to Like us @TheBlueDoorSupport
- To provide a pack of Christmas crackers for every family living in the local Refuge or emergency accommodation.
- To gain corporate sponsorship of £500 so that we can provide birthday gifts and family trips out for the women and children in the local Refuge during 2018.
- To recruit new volunteers to help sort out our backlog of donated clothes at our Scunthorpe centre, with a total pledge of 10 hours. Please give us a call for more information and to pledge your time – even if it’s just one hour, this will make a real difference.
- To persuade a local supermarket to provide £100 in gift vouchers so that we can purchase whatever a family may need in an emergency situation. We will use this for such items as school uniforms, underwear, phone top-ups.
- To provide ten ‘Rest and Relaxation Kits’ for people anxiously awaiting a trial date for serious sexual offences against them.We are looking for individual donations of treats such as scented candles, herbal teas, adult colouring books, indulgent bath oils and soaps, posh chocolates which we will use to create the kits.To provide ten personal alarms to help those who have suffered an assault to feel safer Please check out our Wishlist on Amazon for details.
- To provide five ‘Christmas Doggy/Moggy Packs’ with treats for pets who are a much loved part of the families we support.
We are looking for donations of suitable treat for dogs and cats, either food treats or toys.
The easiest way to purchase any of these items is via our Amazon Wishlist https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/?ie=UTF8&cid=AWK0PXEYR82QJ and they can be delivered straight to us.
Alternatively you can pop donations in to a Centre, just give us a call first on 0800 197 4787.
Blue door can’t accept donations of any other items, such as clothing and pre-loved toys, until January as we simply don’t have the space.