THE SAFEST WAY TO SAY HELLO TO SANTA THIS CHRISTMAS!
About this Event
Tickets are non-refundable. Tickets will ONLY be refunded if the government deems the event cannot run due to COVID-19 restrictions. *
We are excited to announce a brand new, covid-safe Festive drive-thru Christmas attraction! Coming to Hull this Christmas from the 4th – 20th December 2020. The event will be a winter wonderland, featuring light displays, elves, Mrs Claus and even the big man himself, Santa Claus!
You will arrive at the Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, Grange Park Lane, Willerby, HU10 6EB where you will show your ticket through your car window which will be matched with your car registration number.
You will then enter our magical winter wonderland. First stop, the mesmerising light display…. you’ll then drive by the elves preparing for Christmas in their workshop, and Mrs. Claus helping sort through the wish lists in the mail room. Before arriving at Santa’s Grotto you will drive through a snow storm, make sure you watch out for our Frozen Snowman! Meet Santa from the safety of your car for a contactless experience, where you will be able to tell him what you want for Christmas… you may even come away with a present if you have been good this year!
It doesn’t stop there! After the experience you have the option to go immediately into the Mercure Hotel for a festive afternoon tea!
With live actors, magical sets, lights and even a festive afternoon tea, this will be a great experience for the whole family to enjoy before Christmas.
*refunds will be minus the Eventbrite fee
FESTIVE AFTERNOON TEA
Selection of finger sandwiches: Slices Cucumber, Brie & Cranberry, Turkey with sage & onion stuffing, Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese
Chocolate Yule Log
Scone, strawberry jam & clotted cream (plain & raisin)
Your choice of speciality tea or coffee
Ham Sandwich, Cheese Sandwich
HOW DOES IT WORK?
You will get an email with your ticket through Eventbrite, which you must print or show on your phone through your car window on arrival. Your ticket will be checked against your registration plate for entry. YOU MUST BE IN THE SAME CAR FOR THE ATTRACTION THAT YOU REGISTER WHEN PURCHASING YOUR TICKET. You must keep your windows up at all times during entry. Once you have entered the attraction you may put your windows down for a better view. Our Elf stewards will guide you through the attraction. You will spend some time at each ’scene’ for the opportunity to take photos from your car and watch each sequence play out before an elf will tell you to move on. Once at Santas Grotto you will have the opportunity to speak with him. An Elf will deliver presents for the children through the car window. (Please note: the presents will have been pre-wrapped at least 1 week before the event and the exchange is Covid-safe). The attraction will take approx 15-20 min to complete. Once you enter you must see every scene in the attraction.
If you opt for the Festive Afternoon Tea, you will park in the front car park and enter the hotel through the main entrance. You must enter for the afternoon tea immediately after you have finished the drive thru experience as this is your allocated time slot.
SAFETY ON THE ROADS
* There is a 5 mph speed limit through the hotel car parks and the attraction.
* You must follow our Elf stewards, when they show a stop sign you must stop. You may move to the next attraction once given the go ahead. When inside Santa’s Grotto you must turn your engine off. This allows our Elf to approach the car safely with the gifts.
* All cars must have valid car insurance. The driver will be responsible for any damage and injuries that may occur, due to the fault of the driver, staff, performers, or anyone else.
* All car passengers MUST wear their seat belts at all times.
* Once finished in the attraction you will exit through the main car park of the hotel. If you are having the Festive Afternoon Tea you can park in the hotels main car park at the front of the hotel and enter through the main entrance.
* The Festive Drive Thru experience has been designed with the current health guidelines in mind. We have taken all the necessary precautions to keep our staff and guests as safe as possible.
* All onsite staff will wear masks or visors at all times.
* All staff will socially distance from each other at all times.
* All staff will be temperature checked before entering the site.
* Your ticket / car registration will be checked through your closed car window.
* You will remain in the safety of your car during the whole event.
* You will be asked to scan a QR code for NHS Track and Trace.
* Please only book tickets and attend with those in your household or support bubble.
* The Festive Afternoon Tea will be compliant to the current restaurant guidelines and you must wear a mask when entering / moving around in the hotel. You can only remove your mark when seated.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
*Your ticket is only valid on the date and at the time shown.
* Your ticket is only valid when in the same car that you register when purchasing the ticket. You must also have this visible on your phone upon arrival so that the ticket can be checked against your vehicle. This ensures that tickets cannot be sold on.
* Tickets are non-refundable. Tickets will ONLY be refunded if the government deems the event cannot run due to COVID-19 restrictions.
* You MUST remain in your vehicle at all times during the drive thru experience.
* Your car must be in good working order & hold valid insurance
* You must NOT bring alcohol, food, illegal drugs, weapons of any kind into the attraction.
* No Vans, Minibuses or pickup trucks allowed due to height restrictions. Cars only.
* A maximum of 6 guests per car is allowed.
* Our event uses lots of strobe lighting effects & smoke effects. If you suffer from epilepsy or any other condition affect by the use of these special effects we recommend you do not attend this event.
* No pets are allowed.
* If opting for the Festive Afternoon Tea, you must input any dietary requirements into the form at checkout.
* You must enter the hotel through the front entrance for the Festive Afternoon Tea IMMEDIATELY after seeing our attraction. Failure to do so could result in the loss of your time slot.
* We accept no responsibility for loss or damage to your property / vehicle during your Festive Experience.
This event is 𝘾𝙊𝙑𝙄𝘿 𝙎𝘼𝙁𝙀. Please do not leave your car from start to finish of the experience.